The SMTP server service is switched off - HELP

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
laughingbuddha
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

The SMTP server service is switched off - HELP

Unread post by laughingbuddha »

Hi,

I've got a VPS with Geek Storage, and yesterday I finaly got around to running a yum update and then installing qmail-scanner and clamd.

I used scotts instructions in a previous post (yum install clamd and yum install qmail-scanner) and since doing this Plesk has been displaying "The SMTP server service is switched off" on the desktop with a restart option.

I tried the restart of the SMTP server and it still displays the message. So I shut down the VPS and rebooted and it still displays the message.

Help someone. I was hoping to start using the VPS whilst I'm waiting to get my server online, but this has stumped me.

Geek Storage techs are saying they will remove qmail and clamd but the whole idea for putting them on was anti virus and spam filter so I don't have to pay out for the cheap and poorly out of date Plesk offerings.

I'm also looking for admin/tech services. Simple secure the server, then a monthly or every 2 months check up to maintain the security of the server, stability and updates. I have looked at Rack Aid. Haven't got a massive budget to chuck at it as I'm also developing a major web project at the moment and it's drinking my funds.

Thanks

Matt
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Its ok. really! Have a look at my reply in the other thread.

Faris.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>