Squirrelmail Error (Missing DB.php)

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
mavie

Squirrelmail Error (Missing DB.php)

Unread post by mavie »

Hey all,

Last night, I upgraded my install of squirrelmail to the newly released rpm (SquirrelMail version 1.4.4-3.rhel3.art) from last Friday. I also finally decide to install php 4.3.11 using the rpm from ART. As that I was messing with things to figure out an error with squirrelmail, I do not remember if I installed it using yum or did it manually. But I did upgrade php using yum.

Now, whenever I go into webmail and try to look at a message, the following error pops up (view printable version works fine though):

Warning: main(DB.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/sasql/sasql_db.php on line 5

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/sasql/sasql_db.php on line 5

(I checked - the file DB.php does indeed not exist in /usr/share/pear)

I'm pretty sure this is due to the php upgrade - but I have no clue what should I do to fix this. Any ideas? I hope downgrading php isn't the only solution.

Thanks.
mavie

Unread post by mavie »

Hmm..fixed it. Guess I was too tired last night to think straight.

Basically, for anyone whos interested, SSH into your box and do a "pear install DB". That will install the missing package.

More info at http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.cli.php

The only thing I don't understand is - is the pear DB module used by squirrelmail by default? Or is it new to 1.4.4? If its the former, then it should have been on my box as the previous version of SM worked and if it was removed when PHP was upgraded, how come it wasn't installed? Weird.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

the newest php rpm has a php-pear package
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Hi Scott,

Something odd going on? I must admit that I don't know what php-pear is for or what it actually does, so maybe this is totally irrelevant.

But having just updated from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3, and updated kernels and php and everything at the same time, a site I created that uses the Pear DB.php file stopped working.

And lo and behold, DB.php was missing from /usr/share/pear, and almost all the files and folders in there were dated today (with others dates exactly one month ago).

#rpm -q php-pear
php-pear-4.3.11-8.rh90.art

Anyway,

#pear install DB

fixed the problem by downloading DB.php and sticking it in the right place (thanks mavie).

This is under RH9.

Faris.
scott

Unread post by scott »

yeah, Ive got to work on that one a bit, or just drop the php 4 series completely and backport php5 to rh9/3es/fc1-3.