Upgrade to 7.5.3

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
horse[USA]
Forum User
Forum User

Upgrade to 7.5.3

Unread post by horse[USA] »

I am running psa(7.5.2) on rh9 with all of your rpms scott and the kernel(thanks). Is it safe to update to 7.5.3 through yum or should I hold on a bit. I don't have a testing server right now to try the update on. Just trying to get a feel on what is best to do, I perfer to have a stable system over updating.
Thanks
David
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

the main gotcha is that the horde/imp/kronolith/mnemo packages are separate from the psa rpm now. Which is a good thing, but they also dont set the dependencies in the rpm to install it, which means you need to upgrade/install in 2 steps now:

yum install psa/yum update psa
yum install psa-horde psa-imp psa-kronolith psa-mnemo
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Thanks for asking Horse and thankd for the tip Scott. I'm going to have to do this over the weekend because we have a customer having a serious problem with PPWSE in 7.5.2 (it keeps eating pages).

As a follow-up Scott, is GD working OK in the current RH9 php rpm set? I've not upgraded since I had the problem with GD on my test system, and was just wondering what to expect.

Thanks,

Faris.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Just to answer my own question - GD2 works finr with 4.3.11-8 under RH9, and the two-step PSA install worked fine, with no fatal errors, when upgrading from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 on my test system.

4psa will be upgrading one of my live systems over the weekend (I hope) as I'm not confident of fixing any serious errors that might happen when upgrading the live system's PSA.

Faris.
ryanz
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by ryanz »

Hi Scott,

Is it safe to upgrade from Plesk 7.0.4 to Plesk 7.5.3 using yum or are there some problems doing it this way?

Regards,

Ryan
scott

Unread post by scott »

Yeah, the horde rpm is the only gotcha. I'm thinking of maybe adapting the atomic-psa rpm into an "sw-soft-psa" rpm (or some name like that), to install a plain-jane PSA box to ease installs/upgrades for those folks with a more conservative server policy.

That being said... I just got PSA running on FC4 (PHP 5, mysql 4.1, and Xen virtual server support amongst other goodies). Its a lot of work, and I reckon atomic-psa will be the only thing I can do it with.
ryanz
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by ryanz »

Hi Scott,

The Plesk upgrades went well with no errors or problems.
Thanks for the great service!!!

The Horde upgrades/install via yum also went well but it gave the following errors:

websrvmng: Service httpd failed to start
websrvmng: Service httpd failed to start

After killing the running httpd and httpsd services it started and there didn't seem to be any problems. However, after this the Plesk Control Panel won't start untill Plesk was restarted.

I also found that all pages show up as blank or Apache Test pages on another server.

An then had to execute this command to get them working:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -a -v

Thanks again,
Ryan
scott

Unread post by scott »

Cool thanks for the report! Im thinking I'll add your steps into the atomic-psa and psa-suite rpms to make sure this doesn't happen to other people.
ryanz
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by ryanz »

Scott,

I installed the lates horde as you pointed out above "yum install psa-horde psa-imp psa-kronolith psa-mnemo" and it works fine but there is no Address Book like before. It seems the Address Book is not part of the standard install...

What is the correct way of installing the feature without loosing existing Address Book entries?
scott

Unread post by scott »

I think its another package youve got to install, but since I dont really use horde the name escapes me.