Help with SWSoft and Plesk 6 license

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
antonio_ita

Help with SWSoft and Plesk 6 license

Unread post by antonio_ita »

Hello, I hope to find some help here, since on the SWSoft forums no one replied...

I own and I'm using a PSA 6.0.2 on my server since september 2003, I bought it from the company were the server was colocated.

About one year ago I left that server farm, so I am no more a client of the company where I bought the license; not a big problem I tought, since regularly bought the license.

Now I have to make a major hardware upgrade to the server, and so I have to reinstall everything.

After installing and testing the OS, I proceed to the PSA installation, everything goes fine, until I have to install the license key, because I never had that script (the whole system was installed by the hosting company where the server was colocated).

So I ask to sales@sw'soft.com for support, and WITH BIG SURPRISE, they answer me that the license has to be provided by the distributor, they can't provide it.... (moreover few days ago the support told me to contact sales to be registered as a customer without being linked to the distributor).

After several emails they told me that "THEY DON'T GIVE FREE LICENSES"... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I don't want a free license, I simply want a little script to migrate the software that I'm using, and that I PAID.

THey told me that the license is "expired"... What does it mean?!?!??! I never saw time limited licenses here....

Can anyone help? Have you already had this kind of problems with SWSoft? What can I do? There's a way to generate the installation script from the running PSA 6???

Jason Lee
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by Jason Lee »

SW Soft is real picky about making sure you deal with the company that provided the key to you and not with them directly. I think your going to have to ask the company you bought it from for the key and if they won't help you I guess you'll have to buy a new one. But buy it directly from SW Soft and go for the latest version of Plesk.
antonio_ita

Thanks for the reply

I recovered the key by copying the psa.key file from the old server...

However I'm very disappointed, this is not the way to treat customers... :evil: :evil: :evil:
marcos
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by marcos »

antonio_ita wrote:Thanks for the reply

However I'm very disappointed, this is not the way to treat customers... :evil: :evil: :evil:

But i think you risk this key will be deactivated (if it's used by others too).

Ciao Antò
antonio_ita

marcos wrote:
antonio_ita wrote:Thanks for the reply

But i think you risk this key will be deactivated (if it's used by others too).

Ciao Ant