Spamassassin and QmailScanner dependency to upgrade to 7.5.4

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
kilgore
Forum User
Forum User

Spamassassin and QmailScanner dependency to upgrade to 7.5.4

Unread post by kilgore »

Hello,

I'm running Plesk 7.5.2 on FC3 and when I try to upgrade to 7.5.4 with yum update psa I got :

Code: Select all

Resolving dependencies
.......Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package qmail-scanner needs spamassassin, this is not available.
Here are the packages that are installed :
spamassassin-3.0.3-1.rhfc3.art
qmail-scanner-1.25-1.rhfc3.art
Can somebody help ?

Regards,

Kilgore
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

I havent been able to duplicate that, but I reckon they're looking for a weird name on SA. There was another thread about this earlier, I think he just removed spamassassin and ran the upgrade again.
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

Yes, that's this thread: http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/forum ... .php?t=488 (you could have looked around before posting, kilgore, it's the exact same issue)

And no, I haven't fixed it yet. Someone else posted in that thread about fixing it, but I never understood that solution. How could removing spamassassin have helped? Qmail-scanner still depends on it, right? I still haven't tried completely uninstalling qmail-scanner and spamassassin, updating Plesk and reinstalling qmail-scanner and spamassasin though.
kilgore
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by kilgore »

breun wrote:Yes, that's this thread: http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/forum ... .php?t=488 (you could have looked around before posting, kilgore, it's the exact same issue)

And no, I haven't fixed it yet. Someone else posted in that thread about fixing it, but I never understood that solution. How could removing spamassassin have helped? Qmail-scanner still depends on it, right? I still haven't tried completely uninstalling qmail-scanner and spamassassin, updating Plesk and reinstalling qmail-scanner and spamassasin though.
I've seen this thread but the output wasn't the same. Why ?
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

I have no idea.
mian
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by mian »

had same problem, just remove qmail-scanner, upgrade and reinstall qmail-scanner.