relocation error: /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5.so

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: relocation error: /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5.so

Unread post by faris »

I'm sorry - I should have posted about this. The -2 package which Scott added within moments of his post resolved the problem completely. I did post about it on the Parallels forum, but not here. Sorry.

Corrupted databases and missing tables etc were not one of the symptoms of this issue (at least for me). Plesk would simply not install, full stop, exiting at the point where it was trying to deal with the APS controller catalogue.

So I'm a little confused about that's happening to you.

Can you explain how you got to where you are please? You mentioned it is a fresh Centos 6 install -- but x86_64 or x86?
After installing, I take it you enabled the ART repo and then installed a fresh version of Plesk. How did you install it? Using the Parallels installer, or another method? Which version of Plesk? 10.4.4?

What happened during the install? Did it go wrong, or did it appear to complete?

Can you check which version of mysqlclient16 you have?
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
zonathen
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by zonathen »

Yes, it's a 64 bit OS and I am using the plesk autoinstaller script. I simply enabled the art repo and installed plesk.

I am getting a warning that drweb install is having problems but that is a different issue:
Non-fatal <unknown> scriptlet failure in rpm package drweb-daemon-5.0.1-0plesk.i386

I've tried removing plesk using their remove.sh script and starting over. I've tried removing mysql altogether and reinstalling as well. I've tried lots of things but always get back to this error so not sure what to do next here other than removing the art repo altogether and just going with the plesk defaults (which I'd like to avoid)

The install fails during the post install with:

Code: Select all

===> Installing /usr/sbin/suexec replacement
 Trying to backup original /usr/sbin/suexec... done
`/usr/local/psa/suexec/psa-suexec' -> `/usr/sbin/suexec'
 Trying to set up APS controller database... Attempting to check APS db connection via ODBC, using /usr/bin/iusql (empty output is good)
/usr/bin/iusql: relocation error: /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5.so: symbol strmov, version libmysqlclient_16 not defined in file libmysqlclient_r.so.16 with link time reference
 Failed, rc = 127.
Failed to establish test connection. Cleaning up.

ERROR while trying to establish test connection to APS database via ODBC
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.4.4_installation.log), fix and try again

tac: write error: Broken pipe
*****  problem report *****
ERROR while trying to establish test connection to APS database via ODBC
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.4.4_installation.log), fix and try again

ERROR: An error occurred during performing of installation POST actions (see log for details).
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

I think you must have the -1 or no mysqlclient16 instead of the -2

Can you check what you have please?

rpm -qa mysqlclient16

It should be mysqlclient16-5.1.59-2.el6.art.x86_64

There's also a mysqlclient18 but I don't know where this comes in the grand scheme of things. Can someone educate me please? It isn't installed on any of my machines so it obviously isn't needed and I assume is not an "upgrade" to mysqlclient16.
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

mysqlclient18 contains the client library for MySQL 5.5 (which is the current version in the atomic repository).
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Hmm....does that mean I should have it installed, as I have Scott's 5.5? It definitely isn't installed by default and I definitely do not have it installed.

Everything runs perfectly with mysqlclient16. mysqlclient18 does not appear as a potential update when I do a "yum list updates". It will happily install alongside mysqlclient16 though.

As I understand it, the mysqlclient libraries allow access to the mysql API. I'm therefore guessing that you can have multiple versions of the API installed, with applications potentially accessing one or the other, possibly specifying a minimum API version?

This is all fascinating stuff -- but I'm unintentionally taking us off-topic.
<advert>
</advert>
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

faris wrote:Hmm....does that mean I should have it installed, as I have Scott's 5.5? It definitely isn't installed by default and I definitely do not have it installed.
That actually means you should not have it installed as your mysql-libs package will contain libmysqlclient.so.18. The mysqlclient* packages are only there to provide extra versions of the MySQL client library for compatibility reasons.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Thanks Breun. I think I understand now (e.g. mysqlclient18 is only really needed if you want to use php 5.9+ with MySQL < 5.5).

What I therefore do not understand is why zonathen is having these problems with a clean EL6 install, as the mysqlclien16 (-2) should have been installed automatically when php and mysql were installed.
<advert>
</advert>
Highland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by Highland »

Did he install php-mysql? That isn't something included by default (and on a truly fresh install doing "yum install php mysql" wouldn't get it either)

If he hasn't, I highly recommend using php-mysqlnd instead and avoid the whole mess with mysql clients.
"Its not a mac. I run linux... I'm actually cool." - scott
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

The error zonathen reported refers to /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5.so, which is part of the mysql-connector-odbc package on EL6. The current version is mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.5r1144-7.el6.x86_64, which makes me think it is somehow connected to MySQL 5.1 and thus might cause issues on servers running another version of MySQL. I believe APS is the only Plesk component which uses the ODBC connector, which is why only APS is impacted.

I'd try installing Plesk first on a default OS install and upgrading MySQL afterwards. APS will probably still be broken, but if you don't need it, there are no issues. I'm not sure if Atomic could provide a replacement or additional package to fix this ODBC issue.

You could also exclude the MySQL packages from the Atomic repository configuration for now and stick with your OS vendor's MySQL packages for now if you want APS.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

Assuming thats the problem, he still hasnt said what packages he has installed. Someone could have excluded the fix in the yum config.
zonathen
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by zonathen »

Sorry for the late response guys, my wife and I have a baby on the way any day this week so things are a bit crazy :)

It looks like I had some weirdness with a prior failed Percona install that wasn't removed completely. I'm removing that and starting over. Sorry should have mentioned that. I'll revive this thread if its still an issue later.