[atomic] scponly shell 4.8-5

Atomic repository announcements, new release notifications and other news regarding the atomic yum repository.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

[atomic] scponly shell 4.8-5

Unread post by scott »

scponly is an alternative 'shell' (of sorts) for system administrators who would like to provide access to remote users to both read and write local files without providing any remote execution priviledges. Functionally, it is best described as a wrapper to the tried and true ssh suite of applications.

A typical usage of scponly is in creating a semi-public account not unlike the concept of anonymous login for ftp. This allows an administrator to share files in the same way an anon ftp setup would, only employing all the protection that ssh provides. This is especially significant if you consider that ftp authentications traverse public networks in a plaintext format.

http://www.sublimation.org/scponly/wiki ... p/Features

To install:
yum install scponly
Highland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: [atomic] scponly shell 4.8-5

Unread post by Highland »

I love scponly. Works much better than proftpd. My question is does this rpm solve the chroot problem? I was never able to get it to do that (wasn't a major deal since only coworkers have access to ssh) so anyone could traverse any file (albeit unable to execute or pull down files they didn't own).
"Its not a mac. I run linux... I'm actually cool." - scott
scott

Re: [atomic] scponly shell 4.8-5

Unread post by scott »

It was compiled with chroot support, I havent tested that part of it out though.