Overusage page instead of blocking a domain

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
CrK01
Forum User
Forum User

Overusage page instead of blocking a domain

Unread post by CrK01 »

Hello all,

I have a problem, I'm managing a shared webhost and there are so many domains in that server. My problem is that some times a domain is closed by overuse. It's ok but many of our customers don't read the advice e-mails or warnings from plesk, so they think that their webhost is closed.

I know that other panels like Cpanel when you pass the limits of usage show a web in the index telling "this web is closed due to overusage" or similar.

Is there a way in plesk 9.X to do that ?
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: Overusage page instead of blocking a domain

Unread post by faris »

Generally, when a domain is disabled in plesk, it will show the default domain allocated to the IP address.

So create a domain, add an index page saying "if you see this page ....." and set that domain as the default domain for the shared IP you use for hosting.

The domain doesn't even have to really exist. You can make one up. Just use the IP address of the shared IP when sending the file via FTP.

Faris.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>