PHP Upgraded to 5.2 and have problem connect to MySQL

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
blueshines
Forum User
Forum User

PHP Upgraded to 5.2 and have problem connect to MySQL

Unread post by blueshines »

Hi,

I've upgraded the PHP for Plesk from 5.1.6 to 5.2.17-1.el5.art and my Mysql remain 5.1.54-1.el5.art. Now my customer's website having problem to connect to the DB, please help. Do i need to upgrade the MySQL version as well?

I've heard some forum mentioned it's because of the php library version is different with the existing mysql version, how can i fix it?

Please Advice.

Thanks.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: PHP Upgraded to 5.2 and have problem connect to MySQL

Unread post by scott »

I've upgraded the PHP for Plesk from 5.1.6 to 5.2.17-1.el5.art and my Mysql remain 5.1.54-1.el5.art. Now my customer's website having problem to connect to the DB, please help. Do i need to upgrade the MySQL version as well?

I've heard some forum mentioned it's because of the php library version is different with the existing mysql version, how can i fix it?
Its not a problem, that forum is incorrect. This is intentional and its covered in the FAQ.

It would be helpful if you post the exact error.
blueshines
Forum User
Forum User

There's no specific error message, it'll show different error message on different website.

Some will show "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY PageArrange ASC' at line 1 ", but actually the site is working fine before we upgraded to 5.2

Some show blank page when we try to connect to the DB.

Do we need to upgrade the Mysql in plesk as well?
scott

Unread post by scott »

Sounds like you already did upgrade, and if youre making the connection and getting the SQL syntax error then you've ruled out it being a PHP or Mysql problem. Rather it sounds like your code isnt compatible with php 5.2
blueshines
Forum User
Forum User

Then if we want to downgrade back to 5.1.6, how can we do that? Please advice the steps.
blueshines
Forum User
Forum User

It's ok, we've compared with the previous php.ini file and copied over those lines that are not in the new php.ini file. It's working fine now.

Thanks.