Updating Awstats

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
energylevel
Forum User
Forum User

Updating Awstats

Unread post by energylevel »

Recently updated a VPS from Plesk 8.3 > 8.6 then to 9.5.3 , a few niggly issues sorted out, most annoying issue presently is AWStats issues still remain:

Monthly History, only shows current month selected (no side by side monthly comparison)
awstats_monthy_history.jpg
awstats_monthy_history.jpg (52.94 KiB) Viewed 4503 times
Select period still looks hideouos in format 2010-12 and months in totally jumbled order
awstats_select_period.jpg
awstats_select_period.jpg (68.39 KiB) Viewed 4503 times
It looks like AWstats 6.5 is installed which I'm sure is NOT right, so I'm guessing some new files were not installed for some reason when I updated Plesk, I used the Plesk Autoinstaller to upgrade Plesk.

Can I use yum update for awstats, I'm scared it might screw stats up, lots of sites with 2 years worth of stats and don't want to lose it or screw up AWstats??

Thannks ......
Energylevel
energylevel
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Updating Awstats

Unread post by energylevel »

Ok, being impatient I rushed in and did yum update awstats tried a manual update of awstats after install amd there seems to be a problem with paths I'm getting errors
'System error 2: No such file or directory', is there any configuration tool for awstats or do I need to go in and manually update some paths in a conf file somewhere ??

Thanks ....
Energylevel
BruceLee
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Updating Awstats

Unread post by BruceLee »

you should use the awstats that comes with Plesk and not configure anything manually. Plesk handles all this and does not like it touched.
awstats.noarch 6.6-1.swsoft
and
psa-awstats-configurator-1.0.0

My list is also formated that way (Plesk 9.5.2) which does not bother me at all.
What link do you use to get to the stats?
You know that there are two different ones:
domain.tld/webstat
domain.tld/ftpstat