Plesk + ASL + Amazon EC2

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
laughingbuddha
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Plesk + ASL + Amazon EC2

Unread post by laughingbuddha »

CentOS, Plesk 10 and ASL all on an Amazon EC2 instance. Is that possible? has anyone done it? or is it just plain crazy?
Matt

"Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite... would you like a toasted teacake?"

about.me/mattauckland
twitter.com/mattauckland
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Plesk + ASL + Amazon EC2

Unread post by scott »

sure we have tons of them out there. Amazon EC2 is just Xen
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

I haven't tried it, but EC2 is Xen, so I guess it should just work. Not sure if you can also run the ASL kernel as an Amazon Kernel Image (AKI).
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
laughingbuddha
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by laughingbuddha »

Xen?

I'm looking at it as an option. I currently pay out £1000 a year on co-location of my server, plus Plesk licence of course.

I'm thinking it could be a plan, as I'm considering upgrading my Plesk software and OS, but can't do that until the users are moved over to another platform.

Is there an image already out there, or can you give me the details of a user who has done it, so I can have a chat.
Matt

"Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite... would you like a toasted teacake?"

about.me/mattauckland
twitter.com/mattauckland