Purchasing domain names

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
jmackenz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Purchasing domain names

Unread post by jmackenz »

howdy :)

I have been using 1and1 for a lot of my domain registrations for some time, as it was a remnant of a prior dedicated server lease, the server sucked, but their domains were cheap was 6.99 , now 8.99 per year, the system control panel worked and it did the job fine.

That's no longer the case, I'm currently waiting 7 days for an update to nameservers and the call center is as useless as ever.

so, who do you guys use/recommend. anyone offer bulk discounts?
spaceout
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Purchasing domain names

Unread post by spaceout »

I've been using GoDaddy for quite some time. I'm not sure if they have the best prices, but they do run a ton of specials/ads that can save you a lot of money if you time things right. I think they also add on a free year of registration when you transfer registrars to them.

Their domain management interface is straight forward and easy to use. My only complaint is that it can be a bit slow responding from time to time. As far as name server updates...for me they are usually live within minutes.
jmackenz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by jmackenz »

Thanks, I switched and have been happy with the responsiveness. CP is more cluttered than I'd like but oh well, if it works....
hostingguy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by hostingguy »

I'm a little partial (and biased) towards enom.com - their reseller program can give you cheap domains and if you dont mind being a sub reseller you can get a decent account for nothing.
Highland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by Highland »

Absolute cheapest is Godaddy and their Discount Domain Club. Enom volume reseller is second.

If you want private registration, Namecheap (an Enom reseller) beats Godaddy, hands down.
"Its not a mac. I run linux... I'm actually cool." - scott