php 5.2.3 + mailparse

Support/Development for PHP
mrwilson
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by mrwilson »

Update: I figured out that if I add the RPMforge repo I can get mailparse easily with yum install php-pecl-mailparse
jweinraub
New Forum User
New Forum User

Re: php 5.2.3 + mailparse

Unread post by jweinraub »

@caffeinated

I tried doing what you suggested but I got an error when it was linking mbstring from the php source.

/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:165: error: duplicate âstaticâ
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:207: error: âsecond_arg_force_refâ undeclared here (not in a function)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:237: error: âthird_arg_force_refâ undeclared here (not in a function)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c: In function âzif_mb_detect_orderâ:
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:1325: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c: In function âzif_mb_substitute_characterâ:
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:1379: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c: In function âzif_mb_substrâ:
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2123: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2128: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2133: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c: In function âzif_mb_strcutâ:
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2215: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2220: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2225: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c: In function âzif_mb_strimwidthâ:
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2339: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2344: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2349: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c: In function âzif_mb_convert_encodingâ:
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2497: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2501: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c: In function âzif_mb_detect_encodingâ:
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2638: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2642: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:2646: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c: In function âzif_mb_convert_variablesâ:
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:3103: error: âzvalâ has no member named ârefcountâ
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:3103: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c: In function âphp_mb_numericentity_execâ:
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:3153: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
/root/php-5.2.17/ext/mbstring/mbstring.c:3154: warning: âzend_get_parameters_exâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:222)
make: *** [mbstring.lo] Error 1
jweinraub
New Forum User
New Forum User

well since mbstring failed due to that weird bug, added the false to get mailparse to believe me mbstring exists, this time it compiled, linked, and installed, but then I saw in the Apache log

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: mailparse: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0\nPHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Hehe. You using Cerberus too? We stuck with version 3 as it works fine for us and doesn't require wierd stuff.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
jweinraub
New Forum User
New Forum User

totally forgot about this forum, but yes we are using cerberus. we need to switch to 5 (using 2 right now) and this mailparse this is driving me up a wall, especially that we like to use php 5.2.17 stillt o support legacy cerb. but if i switch to 5.3, will mailparse work, bc if i have to nuke cerb2, i dont care, for i am root!
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

I don't know I'm afraid. We are still with Cerb 3. I got really disillusioned with the newer versions. Kayako looks better and is more freature-rich, but costs conciderably more.

And at $150 a year for 1 seat for Cerberus, I can't afford to upgrade. Apparently it is now 100% open source though, so I may take a look at mailparse under 5.3.10 in the next few weeks and take it from these.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
jweinraub
New Forum User
New Forum User

we're in a big company so price really isnt much of an issue, we actually own cerb2, cerb3, cerb4, and cerb5 and still use cerb2 lol, because of the issues in the later versions. but now the managers want the new version in place. the problem was having both in place so the users can slowly get used it (as do i since i need to train them) i dont think i had issues with cerb4 on RHEL4, i hacked a php 5.1 install when rhel only supported php4, but rhel only supports php5.1 (and i think 5.3), i got 5.2 from other sources, i got the php5.2 source code, tried compiling mbstring against it, wihch seemed to had worked, but pecl install mailparse always fails, i compiled mailparse, it compiles (by forcing it to by skipping mbstring check in the source), but now with these api errors.

so i am going to try a few things, and if i cant figure it out by end of the weekend, ill just upgrade to php5.3 and hope for the best.