PHP 5.2.6 Library Issue

Support/Development for PHP
Snapdragon
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

PHP 5.2.6 Library Issue

Unread post by Snapdragon »

I wasn't getting this yesterday when using 5.1.6 from centosplus. Now that I'm using ART PHP 5.2.6, this comes up in phpMyAdmin:

Code: Select all

Your PHP MySQL library version 4.1.22 differs from your MySQL server version 5.0.58. This may cause unpredictable behavior.
Suggestions?
Kalimari
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by Kalimari »

This has been discussed on this forum before, see: http://atomicrocketturtle.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1793
My phpMyAdmin reports the same...
Snapdragon
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Whoops, missed that one.

What I don't understand is it wasn't a problem with 5.1.6, why would it be with 5.2.6, or is it just because I'm using ART and not centosplus anymore, and Scott maintains mysql 4 compatibility?

Some of my clients are going to freak out.. what is the proper way to remove 5.2.6 and go back to 5.1.6, or, can I do the suggested rebuild of PHP against the mysql5 libraries?
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

The CentOS Plus packages are built against the newer library. You can do the rebuild or go back to CentOS Plus if you want.

If you want to go back to Cent Plus the basic idea is downloading the RPMS from CentOS Plus and installing them using 'rpm -Uvh --oldpackage php*.rpm' and then excluding the packages from ART or disabling ART altogether if you don't want any ART packages anymore.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

I'll link it against 5 if you promise to handle all the support requests for people who want it linked against 4.
Snapdragon
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Heh.
Even when I went back to 5.1.6 just to peek it still whined, but that makes sense, from what I've read since then.

It's just that PHP isn't putting the new mysqlclient in their builds anymore due to a conflict with the MySQL GPL based licence vs. the PHP BSD based licence.

So we can still recompile PHP with the new client.

Is there a quick and dirty way to do this with the ART package 5.2.6 installed already, can I just run a ./configure --with-mysql somewhere?
scott

Unread post by scott »

Yep:

rpmbuild --rebuild <src rpm name>
Snapdragon
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Alright, this shows my noobness.. I don't have an rpmbuild command, nor does yum want to install one. :oops:
scott

Unread post by scott »

yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

The rpmbuild binary is part of the package called rpm-build. (See the output of 'yum whatprovides /usr/bin/rpmbuild'.)
Snapdragon
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

scott wrote:yum groupinstall "Development Tools"

Code: Select all

Install    190 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)
Total download size: 186 M

Umm.. so my problem was I need yum install rpm-build not rpmbuild. :lol: 497k later I'm good to go.
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

If you're regularly build packages and things like that you'll find yourself constantly installing more -devel and other development related packages. In that case it makes sense to just groupinstall the development tools.
Snapdragon
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Naw, it's rare. I don't like to mess with the production box. As I mentioned before, it ran for almost 500 days without being messed with. Of course, I did yum updates and what not, but when it comes to changing major versions of MySQL and PHP.. tends to break sites and clients get all up in arms.

Only because I took on a new job running a data center, I decided to move the box over here. So I upgraded the software, dropped in more memory, added another processor. Sure, why not.. the box already weighs 110 lbs..

Highland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by Highland »

Well it's a Dell. What did you expect? :P I have a SC440 here in our office and it weighs a ton for what little hardware it has.

Interesting server names, btw.
Snapdragon
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Nothing wrong with it being a Dell. I love it.