Noob Needs Help - Updating php to 5.3 (centos 5.6)

Support/Development for PHP
Tlommy
New Forum User
New Forum User

Noob Needs Help - Updating php to 5.3 (centos 5.6)

Unread post by Tlommy »

Ok so im very new to all this and still dont really know any php. However I am in need of getting php 5.3 running on my server. I attempted to follow a few tutorials on line that seemed pretty easy, I have a little linux knowledge so using ssh wasnt so bad. Anyhow I added some repositories like the tutorial told me to and then ran "yum update php" but get the following error.

php-ncurses-5.2.17-1.el5.art.i386 from atomic has depsolving problems
--> Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.2.17-1.el5.art is needed by package php-ncurses-5.2.17-1.el5.art.i386 (atomic)
mysql50-5.0.92-1.ius.el5.i386 from ius has depsolving problems
--> mysql50 conflicts with mysql
Error: Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.2.17-1.el5.art is needed by package php-ncurses-5.2.17-1.el5.art.i386 (atomic)
Error: mysql50 conflicts with mysql

Once again im very new at this and I tried searching around all night and part of this morning to no avail. Everything I find I just cant understand, if anyone has any ideas as to what commands I need to perform to get this going it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: Noob Needs Help - Updating php to 5.3 (centos 5.6)

Unread post by faris »

You should not really have the ius repo enabled at the same time as the art one. Stick to the art one.
I also note that yum is trying to upgrade to 5.2 not 5.3, and that's probably caused by the ius issue.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>