sessions in /tmp

Support/Development for PHP
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

sessions in /tmp

Unread post by faris »

I'm experiencing a curious problem which I hope someone might be able to help me with.

A numbers of customer sites, which are php fcgi and all run OpenCart, are saving sessions in /tmp for no reason that I can determine.

phpinfo() shows that the session.save_path is correct and NOT /tmp

I've run a grep -ri 'ini_set' and found nothing to do with sessions. I've even searched for 'session' and 'tmp' and similar, and none of the results are anything to do with setting a session path.

Is there some other method that the client might be using to override the session save path somehow?
Or some other explanation as to why sessions would end up in /tmp

The default in the global php.ini isn't even /tmp

And just to add to the confusion, I have a couple of other OpenCart sites which are saving sessions to the correct place and not /tmp
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: sessions in /tmp

Unread post by faris »

d'oh -- I eventually found the culprit, which was a line that had been added in the php code but for some reason my initial grepping did not locate. I'm guessing spelling or regex trouble on my part.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>