Installation of mysql not working

Support/Development for MySQL, MariaDB, and other database systems
biggles
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Installation of mysql not working

Unread post by biggles »

I am trying to set up a new server. When installing mysql I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Installing     : mysql-server                                                                                     4/6
warning: user mysql does not exist - using root
  Installing     : mysql-server                                                                                     5/6
  Installing     : mysql                                                                                            6/6
in /etc/group a mysql group is created, but no user is created. Tried with the older version (5.1.50) but with the same result. The box is brand new CentOS 5.5 without any modifications at all, 2.6.32.21-3.art.x86_64.
freethought
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Installation of mysql not working

Unread post by freethought »

Just ran into exactly the same problem on a fresh 64-bit CentOS 5.5 install with mysql-server-5.1.52-1.el5.art.x86_64

To get the ART provided MySQL server to install, I had to disable the ART repository, remove the ART provided mysql-server RPM, delete /var/lib/mysql and manually delete the "mysql" group then re-install the CentOS provided RPM which creates the user and group before re-enabling the ART repository and upgrading to the ART provided RPM!
biggles
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Installation of mysql not working

Unread post by biggles »

Might be fixed now.... http://twitter.com/atomicorp/status/10495898962370560
Haven't tried though...