About rule 60816 and database cleanup

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
Sempiterna
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

About rule 60816 and database cleanup

Unread post by Sempiterna »

I was wondering if it would be dangerous to disable rule 60816 (Internal Server Error. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.)? It seems to be just informational. I'm asking this because this rule is triggered once every 2 seconds or so, and sometimes multiple times per second. I currently have 1,116,507 events like this according to the event viewer.

A related question would be if it is possible to either log less, or do a cleanup of the logs. My ASL web client is becoming very slow when viewing the events list, and as a result, the load shoots up. This is most likely caused by the 2,782,389 events currently in the database ( i assume it loads it from the tortix db).
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: About rule 60816 and database cleanup

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Sure you can disable it. Its just an reporting rule, so disabling it just means it wont show up in the gui, nor will you be alerted about it.

I'd looking into the cause though, 500 errors occurring several times a second makes somethings broken with a web app, or apache module. (More likely the first)
Sempiterna
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by Sempiterna »

Thank you for your answer Mike :) Most of these alerts were regarding one of my sites that had 34,219,908 hits so far this month, and 165,890 code 500's. So that amount is quite small compared to the total nr of page hits. A lot of the 60816 alerts were also about code 302's, which is not a real error i think.

One i see appear several times (not a lot) is:

Apache-Error: [file "/builddir/build/BUILD/httpd-2.2.3/server/util_script.c"] [line 433] [level 19] Premature end of script headers

I don't have that file (util_script) on my server, or is that nothing to worry about?

Is it possible to clean out the logs? Basically delete (or archive) everything older than 1 month or so?
Shakall
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by Shakall »

Sempiterna wrote:Thank you for your answer Mike :) Most of these alerts were regarding one of my sites that had 34,219,908 hits so far this month, and 165,890 code 500's. So that amount is quite small compared to the total nr of page hits. A lot of the 60816 alerts were also about code 302's, which is not a real error i think.

One i see appear several times (not a lot) is:

Apache-Error: [file "/builddir/build/BUILD/httpd-2.2.3/server/util_script.c"] [line 433] [level 19] Premature end of script headers

I don't have that file (util_script) on my server, or is that nothing to worry about?

Is it possible to clean out the logs? Basically delete (or archive) everything older than 1 month or so?
This was my question perhaps make it 7 Days logs and one Month.