ASL failure - sigterm

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
redpaint
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

ASL failure - sigterm

Unread post by redpaint »

Hello,

Server just rebooted itself on sigterm and ASL seems to have uninstalled itself?! Submitted a support request but sometimes its faster to post on here.

I'm getting this:
]# aum -uf
Error: ASL Key is not valid or has expired.

Error: /data/lang/error_en.msg does not exist.
There is no way our licence has expired - at least going by the money that keeps coming out our paypal account and the account section on the Atomic website. So what's going on?

Tried changing the password on ASL since it said something about alphanumeric passwords only (was using symbols too).

Then tried re-installing, re-booting and still the same message.

It looks from the installation log that the old password is being used despite me entering the new alphanumeric one as part or the process to install.

HELP!?

Should I run #/var/asl/lib/uninstall ?

If I fully un-install and re-install what will happen with the kernel and any settings in ASL? Will they be lost?
redpaint
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: ASL failure - kernel panic

Unread post by redpaint »

OK.

So I did an uninstall (#/var/asl/lib/uninstall) and re-install after some direction from the ASL support portal and now I've got kernel panic and the system won't boot at all and stops with "Error 15: File not found".

I'm waiting for a response from the support portal guys but I've got a feeling I'm stuffed. I don't have physical access to the server and this is really a disaster.

:(