modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting bridge

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
pawlectro
New Forum User
New Forum User

modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting bridge

Unread post by pawlectro »

modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting bridge (/lib/modules/2.6.32.60-36.art.x86_64/kernel/net/bridge/bridge.ko): Operation not permitte
--------------------------------------

I recently set up a new cpanel box with ASL which is set up and running fine. It is not live yet as I am transferring some accounts to this new server.

First I batched all the remote accounts in one transfer through cpanel process. Upon completion of all the accounts being transferred the above error showed, and then my server load, which is not live yet, slowly began to increase to 10, 20, 30, and by the time I noticed it, the load was up to nearly 90. I could not access shell, but fortunately my host has a remote way for me to trigger a graceful reboot.

Upon reboot, the load slowly rises until I remotely reboot it again. Upon freshly rebooting again, I was able to delete all the newly transferred accounts and the server acted as it should.

I then began to transfer accounts 1 by 1. There are 3 accounts, 2 small, 1 large. I transferred the each of the small accounts successfully and waited for the results... no FATAL as shown above, and no slow rise in server load.

This comes down to one account. I have attempted to transfer it three times. The transfers are successful, then after about 2 to 3 minutes, the FATAL error shows up and the server load begins to increase as if it is in some kind of endless loop. The server load continues to increase until I reboot and then quickly remove that one account before the server load gets to high.

I am up against a brick wall now with a deadline to get these all moved.
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting bridge

Unread post by mikeshinn »