Qmail scanner without spamassassin

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
nobody
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Qmail scanner without spamassassin

Unread post by nobody »

Hi guys.

When you use qmail scanner it bypasses the spamassassin settings of each user for spam. Even if you disable spamassassin on a specific mailbox it doesn't matter if you are using qmail scanner.

Is there anyway to set qmail scanner not use spamassassin but simply scan for viruses on mail messages ? I haven't found an answer to that while searching ...

Thanks
Hello IT.
Phone : Blah Blah ....
Have you tried turning it on and off again ?
I'm sorry, are you from the Past ?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E4fm4Wqego
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Qmail scanner without spamassassin

Unread post by scott »

Yup, just edit it out in the @scanners array in qmail-scanner-queue.pl
nobody
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by nobody »

Hi Scott !

Thanks for your reply.

So if I comment out the following lines it will stop doing spamassassin check and spamassassin will only check if the user has enabled spamassassin in his mailbox ?

Code: Select all

# Spamassassin settings
SA_SETTINGS="-d -c -m5 -H"              # Default settings for spamd
SA_SQL="no"                             # [yes|no], runs spamassassin with the 'rcpt to' as option. Only use if mysql is enabled in SA
SA_DELTA="1"                            # [num]
SA_SUBJECT="****SPAM****"               # <"some text">
SA_QUARANTINE="0"                       # [num], required_hits + sa_quarantine  will go to SPAMDIR, 0 disables
SA_DELETE="0"                           # [num], required_hits + sa_delete will be deleted, 0 disables
SA_REJECT="no"                          # [yes|no], changes deletes to rejects
SA_ALT="no"                             # [yes|no], runs in *fast_spamassassin* mode and doesn't pass the '-u' optio
SA_DEBUG="no"                           # [yes|no], requires sa-alt: yes
SA_REPORT="no"                          # [yes|no], requires sa-alt: yes, sa-debug: yes
SA_FORWARD=""                           # <username@domain>, User to redirect quarantined spam mails, unmodified for sa-learn (not used)
SA_VERBOSE="no"                         # [yes|no], requires SA-FORWARD (not used)
I also noticed this line and I was curious on what it actually means.

SETTINGS_PER_DOMAIN="yes"
Thanks Scott !

Regards
Hello IT.
Have you tried turning it on and off again ?
I'm sorry, are you from the Past ?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E4fm4Wqego
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

nobody wrote:So if I comment out the following lines it will stop doing spamassassin check and spamassassin will only check if the user has enabled spamassassin in his mailbox ?

# Spamassassin settings
SA_SETTINGS="-d -c -m5 -H"              # Default settings for spamd
SA_SQL="no"                             # [yes|no], runs spamassassin with the 'rcpt to' as option. Only use if mysql is enabled in SA
SA_DELTA="1"                            # [num]
SA_SUBJECT="****SPAM****"               # <"some text">
SA_QUARANTINE="0"                       # [num], required_hits + sa_quarantine  will go to SPAMDIR, 0 disables
SA_DELETE="0"                           # [num], required_hits + sa_delete will be deleted, 0 disables
SA_REJECT="no"                          # [yes|no], changes deletes to rejects
SA_ALT="no"                             # [yes|no], runs in *fast_spamassassin* mode and doesn't pass the '-u' optio
SA_DEBUG="no"                           # [yes|no], requires sa-alt: yes
SA_REPORT="no"                          # [yes|no], requires sa-alt: yes, sa-debug: yes
SA_FORWARD=""                           # <username@domain>, User to redirect quarantined spam mails, unmodified for sa-learn (not used)
SA_VERBOSE="no"                         # [yes|no], requires SA-FORWARD (not used)
No, you have to edit the @scanners array in /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl. (Or make sure that SpamAssassin isn't running when you run qmail-scanner-reconfigure, I believe that works too.)
I also noticed this line and I was curious on what it actually means.

SETTINGS_PER_DOMAIN="yes"
qmail-scanner has support for custom settings per domain (and even mailbox). See http://toribio.apollinare.org/qmail-sca ... omain.html or /usr/share/qmail-scanner/settings_per_domain.txt for more information.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management