Spamassassin update error

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
sullo
New Forum User
New Forum User

Spamassassin update error

Unread post by sullo »

Code: Select all

================================================================================================================================
 Package                           Arch                     Version                              Repository                Size
================================================================================================================================
Updating:
 spamassassin                      i386                     1:3.3.2-7.el5.art                    atomic                   1.2 M
Installing for dependencies:
 perl-Mail-SPF                     noarch                   2.006-1.el5.art                      atomic                   143 k
 perl-NetAddr-IP                   i386                     4.027-5.el5_6                        base                     109 k
 perl-version                      i386                     1:0.7203-2.el5.art                   atomic                    48 k

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/bin/spfquery from install of perl-Mail-SPF-2.006-1.el5.art.noarch conflicts with file from package spf2-1.2.5-0.274900.i386
on:
CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
Linux myhost 2.6.18-308.8.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue May 29 14:57:06 EDT 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Any suggestions for resolving this w/o breaking things?

Thanks!
KirkM
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Spamassassin update error

Unread post by KirkM »

I have the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PTS21
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by PTS21 »

Bump. Been getting this same error for months.

Anyone have any recommendations?
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

Where is that spf2 package from? I don't find spf2 in the repositories we use on CentOS 6.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

good news and bad news, the good news is that the fedora perl-Mail-SPF package had deprecated that spfquery file.

The bad news is that python-pyspf now owns it :)

python-pyspf-2.0.5-7.fc17.noarch : Python module and programs for SPF (Sender Policy Framework)
Repo        : fedora
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/bin/spfquery
KirkM
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by KirkM »

Thanks for the update. So, for dummies, what does that mean in relation to getting this fixed (on CentOS 5.8 in my case)? Is there something we can do on our end?
scott

Unread post by scott »

What it means is that the plesk package is going to collide with the Redhat/Fedora packages so the only way to solve it is to have Parallels change their package.
KirkM
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by KirkM »

Thanks for the explanation. Forgive me if I don't hold my breath waiting for Parallels to do that any time soon. :roll:
scott

Unread post by scott »

This is why I always look to whats going on with fedora packaging, its like the crystal ball into the future for problems in EL6 and the forthcoming EL7.

I suppose one workaround here would be for us to create an spf2 package that upgrades the parallels one but drops all the components that collide with the redhat ones.
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

KirkM wrote:Forgive me if I don't hold my breath waiting for Parallels to do that any time soon. :roll:
Have you reported this incompatibility with Plesk and a OS they support to Parallels? In my experience they do tend to solve these things.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
KirkM
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by KirkM »

Have you reported this incompatibility with Plesk and a OS they support to Parallels? In my experience they do tend to solve these things.
I am all over it. Will cross my fingers it makes it into a MU soon.