qmail-scanner broke Requeuing: Insecure directory in $ENV{PA

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
CrK01
Forum User
Forum User

qmail-scanner broke Requeuing: Insecure directory in $ENV{PA

Unread post by CrK01 »

Hi,

I have a strange problem with one server. No changes, working like a charm for 2 years with same conditions.

CentOS 5.8 X64 bits
Plesk 10.4.4 , all updated to latest.

Qmail + qmail-scanner + spamassassin + clamav combo

When I reinstall qmail-scanner, i do a qmail-scanner-reconfigure and it throws this error:

qmail-scanner-reconfigure
Reconfiguring spamassassin settings: Done
Reconfiguring clamav settings: Done
Configuring qmail-scanner: Insecure directory in $ENV{PATH} while running with -T switch at /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl line 2270.
OK

Ok then, i go to maillog and when mail comes:

X-Qmail-Scanner-2.08st: [XXXXXXX.XX135518165879825177] Requeuing: Insecure directory in $ENV{PATH} while running with -T switch at /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl line 1313, <STDIN> line 1850.

Requeuing: Insecure directory in $ENV{PATH} while running with -T switch at /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl line 1313, <STDIN> line 14.

etc etc

If i do a yum remove qmail-scanner ( to disable qmail-scanner ) mail is getting OK , but ovbiously without antispam mechanism.

Any clue ? I have reinstalled, etc, not my first plesk + qmail-scanner server

Thanks,
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: qmail-scanner broke Requeuing: Insecure directory in $EN

Unread post by faris »

I guess something within the path in $ENV{PATH} has some odd perms.

Is there some clue in the .pl file itself as to that the path is or where it gets it from?

Also check the perms in the various directories in /var/qmail and I suppose /tmp too? (Compare with other servers).
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>