clamav and spamassassin on virtuozzo environments

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
accend
Forum User
Forum User

clamav and spamassassin on virtuozzo environments

Unread post by accend »

I'm wondering if the spamassassin and clamav solution from ART might work on Virtuozzo envirnoments.

I just got a new server with Virtuozzo technology (instead of my traditional "normal" servers). It uses RHES3 as a Host OS and i'm using RHAS 3 OS templates for the Virtual Environments (VE).

For those who are not familiar with Virtuozzo VE here's a list of things to bare in mind:

- Virtuozzo environments are based on "application templates". These templates include updates to Plesk and other applications such as PSA-Spamassassin, PSA-Drweb.

- There is NO up2date or yum in VE as they are based on OS or APPLICATION templates. Running something like this would 'break' the template.

- SWSoft periodically releases updates to these templates which contain updates to different apps such as PSA and other components.

- There's a few tools to update the installed templates (which contain the applications), which in turn updates the applications installed on a VE.

- You can build your own application templates.

- You can also install separate applications without using virtuozzo templates.

Few questions:

1) Has anyone tried installing the spam/av solution without the use of up2date or yum?

2) Im not sure if ART's solution can be ported to a virtuozzo template.

Thanks,
ACCEND
Internet Estrategico
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

Yes people do this all the time, I dont have a virtuozzo environment to test or develop in however. Im not sure I have the bandwidth to do it even if I did though.
accend
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by accend »

Thanks for the reply,

Now, does anyone have a HOW-TO guide on any of the following:

a) installing clamav / spamass. on virtuozzo environment without the use of ART's yum repositories.

b) does anyone know the steps to create an app template for virtuozzo with this av/spam solution?

c) if neither a or b are possible, what should i do to install yum (or up2date) in one of my test VE and see what happens.

thanks for the help :D
ACCEND
Internet Estrategico
pepe
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by pepe »

I'm on virtuozzo w/psa7.5.3, scott's spamassassin, clamAV, qmail-scanner...

I use yum and the atomic database for it...

Also use DAG's

Only thing I dislike, sw-soft made it so the updater button (in 7.5.4) no longer works from within the virtuozzo, however you can use the HSP environment and use: vzup2date -t to see the available updates for psa