SpamAssassin 3.2.4

Requests for RPMS, or new coding projects related to server administration, Plesk, security, or anything else you can think of.
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

SpamAssassin 3.2.4

Unread post by breun »

It seems Dag already has a spec file and packages up: http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/spamassassin/
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

Thats because Dag and party rock. Thanks for the heads up!
crnunez
Forum User
Forum User

Re: SpamAssassin 3.2.4

Unread post by crnunez »

breun wrote:It seems Dag already has a spec file and packages up: http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/spamassassin/
Yes, I have installed 3.2.4 (Dag) but yum always appear 3.2.3... ART?? Do you have any idea?
scott

Unread post by scott »

I havent made an update yet, if you're looking at [atomic]
jpkelly
Forum User
Forum User

DAG rpm

Unread post by jpkelly »

Since I have been using the ART rpm for SpamAssassin it seems to conflict with the DAG rpm for SA. Does this mean I cannot use the DAG SpamAssassin rpm? Can I force it to upgrade or would that be dangerous?
scott

Unread post by scott »

what kind of conflict are you having? You should be able to use rpmforge with atomic
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

We have SpamAssassin 3.2.3 on our Plesk boxes. 'yum search spamassasin' shows rpmforge has 3.2.4 available, but 'yum update' doesn't say it's available for an upgrade. Strange. jpkelly, have you tried downloading the RPM from RPMforge and upgrading it manually? If so, what error did you get?
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

I just went ahead and tried it myself and to my surprise the 3.2.4 RPM from RPMforge installed just fine. I have no idea why yum did not see this update. Now, do I need to go and manually update all of our machines?
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

After I installed SpamAssassin 3.2.4 from RPMforge and ran 'yum update' again, yum suggests to update to SpamAssassin 3.2.3 from ART. I believe this is an epoch issue.
jpkelly
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by jpkelly »

scott wrote:what kind of conflict are you having? You should be able to use rpmforge with atomic
after running:
rpm -i spamassassin-3.2.4-1.el4.rf.i386.rpm

I get a bunch of conflicting file messages like this:

file /etc/cron.d/sa-update from install of spamassassin-3.2.4-1.el4.rf conflicts with file from package spamassassin-3.2.3-3.el4.art
file /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf from install of spamassassin-3.2.4-1.el4.rf conflicts with file from package spamassassin-3.2.3-3.el4.art
file /etc/mail/spamassassin/spamassassin-default.rc from install of spamassassin-3.2.4-1.el4.rf conflicts with file from package spamassassin-3.2.3-3.el4.art
file /usr/bin/sa-compile from install of spamassassin-3.2.4-1.el4.rf conflicts with file from package spamassassin-3.2.3-3.el4.art
file /usr/bin/sa-update from install of spamassassin-3.2.4-1.el4.rf conflicts with file from package spamassassin-3.2.3-3.el4.art
file /usr/bin/spamassassin from install of spamassassin-3.2.4-1.el4.rf conflicts with file from package spamassassin-3.2.3-3.el4.art
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

Don't use the -i flag, cause you'd end up with two copies of SpamAssassin! Use the -U flag (U is for Upgrade). (Most people add -v and -h as well, so you can see what's going on.)
jpkelly
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by jpkelly »

breun wrote:Don't use the -i flag, cause you'd end up with two copies of SpamAssassin! Use the -U flag (U is for Upgrade). (Most people add -v and -h as well, so you can see what's going on.)
doh!
ok i am pretty new at this rpm/yum stuff

yes it upgraded to 3.2.4 thanks!

funny thing as mentioned above: yum upgrade spamassassin now suggests "upgrading" to 3.2.3.

thanks again for the help!
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

It appears the 3.2.3 package uses an epoch number of 1, whereas the 3.2.4 package doesn't. Using an epoch number is a way to override the normal version number.

Also, don't forget to run service spamassassin restart after the upgrade or you'll still be running the 3.2.3 version of spamd.
Schatje
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by Schatje »

My Server using Fedora Core 5, which one should i download ?

is this spamassassin-3.2.4-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm compatible with FC5 ?

Thanks

Schatje
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

RPMforge doesn't support FC5 anymore. You could try and download the source rpm yourself and try to rebuild it. But remember that FC5 is also no longer supported by the Fedora Project, so your server isn't getting any security fixes anymore. I'd look into migrating to an OS that is supported by its vendor. I highly recommend CentOS 5.