Default locale problem

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
daveatmvn

Default locale problem

Unread post by daveatmvn »

I realize this isn't the Plesk support forum, but you all are extremely helpful. I had to reinstall my server and after unpacking the backup I can't get into Plesk.

The error I get is
Unable to create Session object: Unable to set up default locale: default locale does not exist or undefined. 0: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:110 psaerror(string "Unable to create Session object: Unable to set up default locale: default locale does not exist or undefined.")
I have tried the mysql command and forcing an install of all the rpms in the base directory from the sw-soft forum, but nothing has fixed it.
niel

Unread post by niel »

I've read in the sw-soft forum that when you contact plesk support, they fix it for you (or they tell you the solution).
daveatmvn

Unread post by daveatmvn »

Thanks Niel, I've tried that. Since I got Plesk through 1&1, SW Soft won't help me out, and 1&1 won't touch the machine, so I'm SOL at the moment.
niel

I'll tell you my procedure

Unread post by niel »

I had that issue also, what I did was a bit dirty:

- installed latest of psa version
- post-install script complained about database version
- in the post-install sh file, I looked for ERROR!!!! and then changed the the condition, from = to !=
- then it was fixed.

I can't recall if I did a complete uninstall of all the rpms or just upgraded with -Uvh, but it worked :P

My servers are unattended, and if they had blocked I'd have lost (almost) everything, but I went on the pool :o

I guess you also can do it!