Updating PHP - php-pear dependancy problems?

Support/Development for PHP
XARiUS
New Forum User
New Forum User

Updating PHP - php-pear dependancy problems?

Unread post by XARiUS »

Hello! First off, thanks to scott for his work in giving us plesk users hope at upgrading.. well anything successfully!

I've got an older FC4 system running plesk 8.2 (was 8.1), I'm moving to a newer system in a few months, but I need to update PHP on this system before the move.

I've setup the channel, however I'm getting weird issues trying to update.

Code: Select all

Error: Missing Dependency: php = 5.0.4-10.5 is needed by package php-pear
Error: Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.2.5-2.fc4.art is needed by package php-pdo
I can't remove it, I can't update it.. it's got me kinda stuck. I'm not terribly new to Linux but at the same time I'm not comfortable ripping things out by the lower extremeties without asking for help first.

My php version is 5.0.4, I'm just trying to get something a bit newer because I'm having some compatibility issues with various php apps.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided!

X
XARiUS
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by XARiUS »

Actually, I think managing the pear conflict is the least of my worries for the moment. I ran through the procedure again and noticed this error at the end of yum update.

--> Processing Conflict: psa-selinux conflicts policycoreutils < 1.27.2-1.2
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: psa-selinux conflicts with policycoreutils < 1.27.2-1.2
Error: Missing Dependency: net-snmp = 5.2.1-12 is needed by package net-snmp-libs
I've never used yum on this system before now, always the updater within plesk CP.
XARiUS
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by XARiUS »

Okay.. Some progress, I resolved the basic psa-selinux and policycoreutils issues.

I should point out, the system still runs MySQL 4.1.

When I run yum update, it downloads 50 packages and updates 120. Once I continue, it runs a Transaction test which spits out a ton of mysql errors (and a few regarding some man pages) then stops.

I have no immediate need to update to MySQL5, as I know the new system will come with it. Here's a small snippet of the errors.

file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqldump.1.gz from install of mysql-5.0.51-1.fc4.art conflicts with file from package mysql-4.1.11-2
  file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqlshow.1.gz from install of mysql-5.0.51-1.fc4.art conflicts with file from package mysql-4.1.11-2
  file /usr/bin/msql2mysql from install of mysql-5.0.51-1.fc4.art conflicts with file from package mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1
  file /usr/bin/mysql_find_rows from install of mysql-5.0.51-1.fc4.art conflicts with file from package mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1
  file /usr/bin/mysql_tableinfo from install of mysql-5.0.51-1.fc4.art conflicts with file from package mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1
  file /usr/bin/mysqlaccess from install of mysql-5.0.51-1.fc4.art conflicts with file from package mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1
  file /usr/share/info/mysql.info.gz from install of mysql-5.0.51-1.fc4.art conflicts with file from package mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1
  file /usr/share/man/man1/mysql.1.gz from install of mysql-5.0.51-1.fc4.art conflicts with file from package mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1
  file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqlaccess.1.gz from install of mysql-5.0.51-1.fc4.art conflicts with file from package mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1
  file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqladmin.1.gz from install of mysql-5.0.51-1.fc4.art conflicts with file from package mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1
  file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqldump.1.gz from install of mysql-5.0.51-1.fc4.art conflicts with file from package mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1
  file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqlshow.1.gz from install of mysql-5.0.51-1.fc4.art conflicts with file from package mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1
If I simply try to just yum update php - I receive the following.

--> Processing Dependency: php-common = 5.2.5-2.fc4.art for package: php-pdo
Error: Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.2.5-2.fc4.art is needed by package php-pdo
Is this a losing battle?
XARiUS
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by XARiUS »

Please just delete this thread, there's so many things wrong with this old box it's not worth fixing! Just gonna migrate to a newer one in a day or two instead of a few months. Better use of time :)
Highland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by Highland »

You may need to update php-pear by itself before you can update PHP. See if that fixes it.
Snapdragon
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by Snapdragon »

How do you do this? Because I'm in the same boat. Putting 'yum update php-pear' results in nothing.

Putting in yum update php gives:

Error: Missing Dependency: php = 4.3.9-3.22.9 is needed by package php-pear
Error: Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.2.5-4.el4.art is needed by package php-xml
I have both stable and testing repos enabled.
Highland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by Highland »

Try

#yum install php-pear
Instead of upgrading.
Snapdragon
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

# yum install php-pear

Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Reading repository metadata in from local files
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package php-pear.x86_64 0:4.3.9-3.22.9 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: php = 4.3.9-3.22.9 for package: php-pear
Error: Missing Dependency: php = 4.3.9-3.22.9 is needed by package php-pear
Snapdragon
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Well, I fixed it. In a roundabout way.

I forced erased php and all it's extensions through RPM, then I installed php-pear first, then I installed php-domxml, then the rest of PHP. Now it stopped complaining.