How To Transfer Users and Threads to a new Vbulletin Forum?

Support/Development for PHP
mehranmahouti
New Forum User
New Forum User

How To Transfer Users and Threads to a new Vbulletin Forum?

Unread post by mehranmahouti »

Hi everyone,

I have formated my linux Centos 4 server with PHP 4.4 and install Centos 5 with PHP 5.1 ( will upgrade to 5.2 soon ).

I succeed to restore all of my web sites and forums except one which has 110MB sql file, VBulletin 3.6.8.

I think the problem is related on my hack's and modifications I have done before...

Now I decided to install a new and fresh forum with version of 3.6.8 to be the same with ex one ( I will upgrade it after transferring ( migrating ) every threads, posts and members to new forum to 3.8.4)

But the problem is: when I restore the whole sql to new forum I had come across many problems.

THE QUESTION IS:

how can I transfer just "threads", "posts" and "members" to a new and fresh vBulletin forum ?

please note that my forum is not working now and I just have a "whole-website-backup.SQL" file and also back up of whole database folder in the linux ( it contains .frm , .MYD , .MYI files like: mst_post.frm , mst_post.MYD , mst_post.MYI and others...)

I have tried to copy these .frm .MYD and .MYI files on the new database folder but it was not worked!!

I think I must restore by the help of .SQL file but I dont know how! when I recover whole the .SQL file forum does not work good and had some problem ( I can't log in to admin panel for example, and my VBSeo configurations gone and can't be repaire...

Please show me how can I transfer just my Posts and members to a NEW installed VBulletin forum with same or different "database name" and "database username".

Thank you in advance.
Highland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: How To Transfer Users and Threads to a new Vbulletin Forum?

Unread post by Highland »

Really this is a topic for the vbulletin forums. In general, however, you can't just copy the underlying mysql files and expect it to work. Remember that your database also has things like users, permissions, etc, that are not stored in those files.

It sounds like you have a mysqldump of the database. If that is the case then I would simply recreate your database and read your dump file back in
mysql -u user -p databasename < dumpfile.sql
"Its not a mac. I run linux... I'm actually cool." - scott
mehranmahouti
New Forum User
New Forum User

Thank you for replay,

I had tried it but its take many times! ( sql is 110 MB ) and I just want a fresh forum without hacks and modifications, to do that I want to just restore the users and posts!

please forgive me I am newbie and don't know everything about this subject.
Highland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by Highland »

Like I said, this is more of a specific question for vbulletin. The best we can do here is tell you basics. I've not ever done what you're talking about and it's not likely anyone else here has either.
"Its not a mac. I run linux... I'm actually cool." - scott
mehranmahouti
New Forum User
New Forum User

You are right, Thank you.