Greylist

Requests for RPMS, or new coding projects related to server administration, Plesk, security, or anything else you can think of.
DarkF@der
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Greylist

Unread post by DarkF@der »

Hello,

A new Greylist from art will be nice the default version greylist.art is not support plesk 9.5.1

Greetz
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Greylist

Unread post by scott »

What needs to be changed?
DarkF@der
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by DarkF@der »

Don't know it doesn't work anymore try a reinstall reconfig gmail scanner restart qmail i tryed everything

but with no luck in maillog nothing will show that incomming mail will be check by greylist
biggles
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by biggles »

Have you tried using spamdyke?
scott

Unread post by scott »

spamdyke doesnt do anything about malware/scanning
biggles
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by biggles »

Hm, looks like I need an explantion of what greylist does. I thought all greylisting was pretty much the same...
scott

Unread post by scott »

It introduces a temporary failure for messages sent from new IP address. The idea is that a spammer MTA (example, a perl cgi script on a hacked account) will not try to resend a message when it encounters that error message, legitimate MTA's will retry to send the message a few minutes later. Once that happens, the IP of the MTA is whitelisted and no more delays are introduced for traffic coming from that system.
biggles
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by biggles »

scott wrote:It introduces a temporary failure for messages sent from new IP address. The idea is that a spammer MTA (example, a perl cgi script on a hacked account) will not try to resend a message when it encounters that error message, legitimate MTA's will retry to send the message a few minutes later. Once that happens, the IP of the MTA is whitelisted and no more delays are introduced for traffic coming from that system.
Now I'm starting to feel like my brain is really soggy. Isn't this what http://www.spamdyke.org/ implements (well, they spell it graylist, but that's just amatter of being born on different sides of the Pond, isn't it)?
scott

Unread post by scott »

yes they both implement greylisting/graylisting. Both spellings are acceptable here too :P