After upgrade to 9.5.2 - proftpd log "Preparing to chroot"

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
albans
Forum User
Forum User

After upgrade to 9.5.2 - proftpd log "Preparing to chroot"

Unread post by albans »

Hello,

I just upraded plesk from 9.2.1 to 9.5.2 (CentOS 5.2). Everything runs smoothly, thanks for the good job done @ Parallels!

I only see one little problem:
- in the general logs ("/var/log/messages"), I see a line that occurs each time an ftp user uploads a file: "Preparing to chroot to directory"
- everything's work
- my only problem is that this notice/error give a lot of lines in my nightly logwatch

So, how can I stop getting this line? And am I right, this is not a big error (as everything's work)?

Thanks.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: After upgrade to 9.5.2 - proftpd log "Preparing to chroo

Unread post by scott »

are you talking about the proftp ones about not being able to find user id 0, or something like that? If so thats a harmless message, its actually a good thing indicating that the chroot is working
albans
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by albans »

I think it's an harmless message, but then I would like to get rid of it, as my nightly logwatch get bigger for nothing...
albans
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by albans »

I found the way to configure the nightly logwatch in order to ignore this kind of messages.

I simply edited the file /etc/logwatch/conf/ignore.conf as follow:

Code: Select all

###### REGULAR EXPRESSIONS IN THIS FILE WILL BE TRIMMED FROM REPORT OUTPUT #####
Preparing to chroot to directory