After Plesk 9.5.3 and 9.5.4 backup stoped, have you noticed?

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
nobody
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

After Plesk 9.5.3 and 9.5.4 backup stoped, have you noticed?

Unread post by nobody »

Up to plesk 9.5.3 as we all know the backup operation in ftp repository always showed 1.95 KB and most of the times it had the indication failed.

After I upgraded to plesk 9.5.3 all plesk servers have stopped running the schedhuled daily backup operation. I re setup the options but still the issue remains.
I can manually backup but still shows only 1.95 kb and some times failed as well.
When the plesk 9.5.4 became live it upgraded the backup managed and migration manager and I thought they identified and resolved the problem... But ... Offcourse not !

And offcourse the bug in which if you download the backup to your workstation remains. It consumes all memory and swap causing the server almost to crash.

So now we need to run every backup by hand... And old issues still unresolved. Great !
Have you noticed the same ? I saw it in all 3 plesk servers so its not only me facing this issue for sure...
Hello IT.
Phone : Blah Blah ....
Have you tried turning it on and off again ?
I'm sorry, are you from the Past ?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E4fm4Wqego
mneese77
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: After Plesk 9.5.3 and 9.5.4 backup stoped, have you noti

Unread post by mneese77 »

yes i have noticed that backups are not happening in my plesk system. I am still on 9.5.3, have not upgraded to either new version because there seem to be even more issues. At least now I know what the issues are and have worked out solutions, but I'm just hesitant to get involved with '10' because I would rather spend my time with customers and their concerns rather than all the configuration stuff involved with upgrades.
I am considering just dumping my server after the contract and going to re-sellers setup with rochen...let them handle all those server quirks. Their re-sellers program uses cpanel, and it just seems to be more mature than plesk.
Any comments are appreciated.
nobody
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by nobody »

What other issues are you refering to ?
Hello IT.
mneese77
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by mneese77 »

I see several "quick patches" being offered for version 10...so there are issues there that I cannot define specifically, but I just don't want to be continually installing patches between the 10.1 and 10.2 and so on. If I'm still with plesk, I will wait for 10.3 or so. Happened with version 9, and most of the issues were not revealed by plesk until they had a fix.
I did upgrade to 9.5.4 and seems to be stable. Still not getting backups at all, even when they show on the backup interface for regular backups.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

9.5.4 was just bugfixes, so I don't see any reason to bypass that one.
nobody
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by nobody »

scott wrote:9.5.4 was just bugfixes, so I don't see any reason to bypass that one.
Since my plesk servers and mneese77 server has the same issue with automated backup I believe its a new plesk bug.
I am very sure I am not doing something wrong. Have been working the automated backup this way for 2 years now.
And also whenever I have mentioned a bug I have seen it fixed after a few versions even if almost none has mentioned it on the internet.
Whats "weird" is that they seem to fix some issues that have to do with the bandwidth monitoring because isps for sure ask for these bugs to be fixed while other issues which are more important to me like the mail and backup etc are not being fixed for months or years.
The issues with the backups started since 9.2 version and now it has just become worse than fixed !!!
Hello IT.