New Plesk 10 server mail question.

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
Galactic Zero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

New Plesk 10 server mail question.

Unread post by Galactic Zero »

Ok, just got a new server and getting it setup and ready for migration. I see that postfix is currently installed and I know there was talk of a postfix scanner to integrate spamassassin / clamd with it. I don't see that this has been finalized but my forum search skills are rusty.

Should I stay with postfix or go ahead and convert the server to qmail. Old server I'm migrating from is currently qmail with all the goodies.

Thanks.
Franklyn Halamka
Still learning my way around Linux Security.
http://www.galacticzero.net
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: New Plesk 10 server mail question.

Unread post by breun »

I believe you're looking for clapf, which seems to be available from the EL5 atomic repository. I don't see it in the EL4 and EL6 repositories though.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
Galactic Zero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

would it just be better to switch from postfix back to qmail? Server build defaulted to postfix and I've been runing qmail with all the goodies for years, not one to abhor change, just not for change's sake.

Thanks.
Franklyn Halamka
Still learning my way around Linux Security.
http://www.galacticzero.net
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

I guess it's mostly a matter of taste. If you're happy with qmail, why not stick with qmail? If you want to explore new territory, see how postfix works for you.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
Galactic Zero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks, think I'll stick with qmail, better the devil you know than the one you don't. At least with qmail I know what to expect and am familiar with ART's tools. I've not seen much on clapf and am not familiar with it and this is not a server to learn a new tool set on.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Franklyn