Configuring Spamdyke

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
paulie
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Configuring Spamdyke

Unread post by paulie »

I'm beginning to feel like your stalker :) : http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=70571

We've always seen it with Outlook and Macmail where I work (which meant it predated 2009 when I started here). I've only skimmed that old thread, but it looks like poplocks causes it... Kind of makes sense if that takes priority over smtpauth with Outlook sending an auth request and Qmail thinking it doesn't need one.

With regard to spamdyke and poplocks, I'm pretty certain that its not compatible and thats the reason why we don't use spamdyke (worryingly we've started to these last few days!). This also makes sense since it hits spamdyke before it hits plesk/qmail/poplocky stuff and spamdyke will just tell the user to piss off since it knows nothing about the poplock auth.

Paul.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Yup. That's the thread.

Yes, SpamDyke and pop-before-relay are definitely not compatible. This isn't a bad thing really, as nobody should be using pop-before-relay ideally (but we are, on one system, so no SpamDyke on that one).
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
douglaseggleton
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by douglaseggleton »

I've just checked our settings in plesk... am I right in thinking:
Relay options
------------
Relaying

authorization is required:

POP3 before SMTP lock time Min (UNCHECKED)
SMTP (CHECKED)

.... Means we don't allow pop before relay. In which case, that's probably not the cause of our problem with spamdyke :(
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

yes, correct unfortunately.
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

If you are using the ART RPMs, have you tried compiling manually (and vice versa)?
<advert>
</advert>
douglaseggleton
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by douglaseggleton »

I manually compiled it from spamdyke.
biggles
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by biggles »

You're not using RBL from within Plesk, are you? RBL in spamdyke is the way to go.