Spamassassin not flagging email

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
jas8522
Forum User
Forum User

Spamassassin not flagging email

Unread post by jas8522 »

Hello,

I know there's plenty of these, but none seem to have a solution that will work.

I've reinstalled spamassassin (from Plesk Updater alone, as well as from ART). Qmail has been reinstalled, and Dr Web has been removed.

I did exactly as a few different threads had directed to solve this kind of SA problem, and it did not fix it. Currently I have Dr Web removed and SA 3.1 installed with the "yum install qmail-scanner" command and ran the /usr/bin/qmail-scanner-reconfigure command with no issues.

I've run usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam to verify the settings are good for each mailbox, as well as "spamassassin -d --lint" to verify that my config is accurate. I've changed all the settings in the CP at least once to verify that it's writing to the config file (even though it's obviously correct due to the -d --lint command).

My headers show nothing at all (like they used to) about scoring the message. I've sent the Gtube, and it gets through no problem - not stopped by SA at all.

I've run "service stop spamassassin" and "service stop psa-spamassassin" then loaded it from the CP, as well as stopped them again and run "service start psa-spamassassin" alone.

Nothing is allowing spam assassin to read through the queue and flag messages!

My config file is as follows:
<There's score xxxx in there too, but I couldn't post it because of the words involved!>
required_score 5
rewrite_header subject *****SPAM*****
report_safe 1
use_bayes 1
skip_rbl_checks 1
use_pyzor 1

I've also tried it with only

required_score 5
rewrite_header subject *****SPAM*****

options to no avail. I've posted this on the SWSoft forums too, as I don't think it's a problem with the atomicrocketturtle distro, but maybe someone here will be able to point me in the right direction!

Any ideas?

Jordan

Edit: Never mind... apparently the upgrade to 3.1 disabled Spam Assassin on all mailboxes in Plesk - going in to the "Mailbox" option, and checking the box to enable spam blocking fixed the problem. Why I didn't think of that before, I'll never know.