/proc/‹pid›/ directory not readable?

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
gaia
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

/proc/‹pid›/ directory not readable?

Unread post by gaia »

I've noticed that NewRelic doesn't show up any processes under the CPU consumption section. Their support pointed me to this answer:

Missing processes
Why can't I see any processes other than nrsysmond?

Often this is caused by running in a heightened security mode using tools such as grsecurity, SELinux "strict" or AppArmor. The New Relic system monitor runs as an unprivileged process and is unable to read information about other processes if the /proc/‹pid›/ directory is not readable. If you are not sure what is going on, send a support ticket with details about your environment, and include your nrsysmond.log.

Is there a setting for ASL I can change to allow nrsysmond to see the other processes?
CentOS 6.9
ASL 4.0.19-37
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: /proc/‹pid›/ directory not readable?

Unread post by prupert »

You can add the user who you want to have access to reading process information to the procread group.
usermod -a -G procread username
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
gaia
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: /proc/‹pid›/ directory not readable?

Unread post by gaia »

prupert wrote:You can add the user who you want to have access to reading process information to the procread group.
usermod -a -G procread username

"usermod -a -G procread newrelic" solved the problem.

thanks
CentOS 6.9
ASL 4.0.19-37