Question regarding new install

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
laughingbuddha
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Question regarding new install

Unread post by laughingbuddha »

Hi,

I'm build out a public web project, and for the production server I'm planning to install ASL. The server will most likely be a Digital Ocean instance, because it's cheaper than AWS, and I can expand the box quickly using there interface to meet demand.

Question I have is this. Can ASL be installed but with out the modules that filter content being submitted by a web form/cms?

In my past experience using ASL, these modules/waf rules have been triggered even for the littlest things. Often just mentioning the word sex or playboy will fire the rule off. So to avoid having to keep chasing and fixing these problems, I would just like to disable the module from the off.

Is that possible?

Also if the instance in question doesn't have a mail server installed, will ASL install omit the mail scanning features? Just for the matter of keep the server lean.

Thanks, Matt.
Matt

"Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite... would you like a toasted teacake?"

about.me/mattauckland
twitter.com/mattauckland
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Question regarding new install

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Thank you for the question. Are you referring to the web spam rules? If so, yes its very easy to disable them, you can either disable the entire set by turning off this option:

https://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.ph ... 0_ANTISPAM

Or you can disable them by classes by logging into the web console and selecting the web spam classes you want to disable. For example, you may want to disable the adult content classes.