atomic-testing

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
dow

atomic-testing

Unread post by dow »

getting forbidden on this area is thos cvorrect shutdown or something .
thanks in advance.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /atomic-testing/kernels/9/RPMS/kernel-smp-2.4.28-1.art.i686.rpm on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at 3es.atomicrocketturtle.com Port 80
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

Access to the kernel rpms is by membership only, which I wasnt planning on announcing for another week or so.
Jason Lee
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by Jason Lee »

Regarding kernels.. Did you get a chance to take a look at fixing the problem with the 1and1 servers?
scott

Unread post by scott »

Yep I believe I have that solved, my kernels should be 1&1 compatible (hooray!)
Jason Lee
Forum User
Forum User

scott wrote:Yep I believe I have that solved, my kernels should be 1&1 compatible (hooray!)
I'll wait till a few people have confirmed this since I can't get another RH9 server from 1and1 to test it on.
dow

Unread post by dow »

i have a server i can test on . its only a fallback server and i have backup boot dir if she fails .
Jason Lee
Forum User
Forum User

dow wrote:i have a server i can test on . its only a fallback server and i have backup boot dir if she fails .
ok, hopefully it works. I would love to be able to upgrade the kernel on my server.
dow

Unread post by dow »

yea same here . once its avail ill post results . im not sure when if i'll be needed for this .
it was mentioned earlier that there's going to be a member access to kernels . i'm not even sure how to go about being one .
scott

Unread post by scott »

the grsec/security/kernel channel will be the first paid channel I'm putting up. Ive got a few big projects to square away in the next week so I wont have a chance to get it online until after those are out of the way. The easy part is already done (creating the packages), now Im on the hard part, which is setting up the commerce and subscription system to support the service.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Brilliant idea. I think this is only fair.

Faris.
dow

Unread post by dow »

check out oscpro.com i can supply this . or even oscommerce standalone to do paid downloads . btw 1&1 has changed so much stuff , i went to do a manual install of a kernel with methods i know worked. FUBAR . tun diddnt work couldnt figure it out diddnt even bother with checking the rest scrubbed it . probably will abandon the vserver kernel as well untill i get some info from them.