plesk 7.5.2

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
marcos
Forum User
Forum User

plesk 7.5.2

Unread post by marcos »

Hi,
someone tried to install it? I read about many problems on plesk forum...is it a good release or .... usual plesk messy?
I run red hat 9
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

Im running it on a new server now, havent really gotten into testing on it much yet though.
Zenith
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by Zenith »

I had a bit of a hickup with this as my /tmp partition ran out of disk space which caused the installer to stop halfway through. Seems the installer DOES NOT CHECK THERE IS ENOUGHT DISK SPACE before starting the install.

Sp make sure your /tmp and / partitions have plenty of space. >= 200MB at least.
marcos
Forum User
Forum User

seems to be ok

Unread post by marcos »

I upgraded red hat 9 and fedora boxes and everything sems to work fine.
horse[USA]
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by horse[USA] »

I do not have the application pack, but yum update wants me to download all the applications for psa. Is this ok to do or will it mess plesk up?
scott

Unread post by scott »

It should be OK, but my suggestion for everyone out there is to always set up a devel environment that closely mirrors your production system. If only for the peace of mind that you get in testing things before you field them on your business. I personally use vmware, the few hundred dollars you might spend on a license more than makes itself up with the ability to test changes over and over again (it has a "revert" button that restores the OS to a snapshot) until you get them right.