Not necessarily a request...

Requests for RPMS, or new coding projects related to server administration, Plesk, security, or anything else you can think of.
superdave913
Forum User
Forum User

Not necessarily a request...

Unread post by superdave913 »

I was curious if the RPMs provided via ASL, and ART in general, will be compatible with the new EPEL (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL)? This is more important for the CentOS folks, if I understand correctly. I'm guessing there will be some overlap of some sort.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

yes indeed, overlap is something I've been dealing with since the beginning. Its not too bad as long as you stick to the same designs. ClamAV is the only one that Ive put together with a major structure difference from the Fedora/EPEL design, as I had adopted the design used by RPMForge early on.

Otherwise, a great deal of development time is spent on planning for compatibility several versions down the road. Certain changes, like Epoch use, can come back to haunt you later. So a big part of ASL 2.0 is about managing configurations, in the same way the PSA does; configuration changes by inclusion, or trigger, as opposed to customizing the package for the environment.