Yum install and PHP Upgrade...

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
lutronik

Yum install and PHP Upgrade...

Unread post by lutronik »

Hi, (Excuse me for my bad English)

Please, I tried to install the yum, but I received the error:
-----------------
error: Failed dependencies:
libxml2-python is needed by yum-2.0.7-1.rh90.art
-----------------

I don't have the CD of RH 9!... where can I find this and as I do to install? I can use the command "rpm - Uvh xxxxxxx"? Won't this component bring problems for my Plesk?

My server uses RH9 and the plesk 7.0.3.

I want to update PHP of this.. can I make this? Or do I have to update other components?

Is it possible to update GD also? How?

[]'s Luiz Passarelli
Cigar_Man
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Yum install and PHP Upgrade...

Unread post by Cigar_Man »

lutronik wrote:Hi, (Excuse me for my bad English)

Please, I tried to install the yum, but I received the error:
-----------------
error: Failed dependencies:
libxml2-python is needed by yum-2.0.7-1.rh90.art
-----------------

I don't have the CD of RH 9!... where can I find this and as I do to install? I can use the command "rpm - Uvh xxxxxxx"? Won't this component bring problems for my Plesk?

My server uses RH9 and the plesk 7.0.3.

I want to update PHP of this.. can I make this? Or do I have to update other components?

Is it possible to update GD also? How?

[]'s Luiz Passarelli
You can find the rpm's for your version of linux at www.rpmfind.net. For redhat 9, use http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/redhat/9/ ... .i386.html

Unless you have experience with both rpm's and using yum, I would not upgrade php above what the current plesk patch updates to cause if you have any problems, who will fix them. But if you do decide to go for it, update a test server first so that you can work out any problems that you find. Never upgrade/update a live hosting server without testing the upgrades/updates on a test server first.

As for the GD update.... what is GD? :wink:
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

My company offers commercial support for all the packages produced here.

I wouldnt use rpmfind for looking up dependencies, often they will redirect you to innappropriate versions, or versions for the wrong distribution. The best place to get redhat dependencies is either from ftp.redhat.com, or off your installation media (cdrom). I also maintain a full mirror of redhat9, FC1, FC2, FC3 and Whitebox 3.0 at 3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/3rd-party/