7.5 on FC3?

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
gamecp

7.5 on FC3?

Unread post by gamecp »

Hi just wondering if/how anyone has psa 7.5 running on fc3? If not 7.5 how do you install 7.1?

Thanks! Searched the forums, didnt find much on FC3.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

Im running 7.5 on FC3 right now, I just installed it through yum like you would normally by forcing FC2 manually (just set 2 for the $releasever field). Nothing special involved
gamecp

Unread post by gamecp »

Thanks Scott, got it going with the new 2.1 repo, I'll see how it goes :)

I also want to thank you for all this stuff, the yum repos kick ass, my life is so much easier.. Updated all my servers to php 4.3.10 and mysql 4 in no time at all (a few mins each).. I was scared mysql 4 wouldnt work in psa at first, all I was after was replication.. Now I am fully replicated and very happy!!!

Thank you!
Jason Lee
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by Jason Lee »

gamecp wrote:I also want to thank you for all this stuff, the yum repos kick ass, my life is so much easier.. Updated all my servers to php 4.3.10 and mysql 4 in no time at all (a few mins each).. I was scared mysql 4 wouldnt work in psa at first, all I was after was replication.. Now I am fully replicated and very happy!!!

Thank you!
I have to agree. I apreciate all the hard work you have done. You have made my life alot easier. As soon as I get some money I'll make a donation.
niel

What can we donate?

Unread post by niel »

I agree with you both,

I'm running two servers (FC2 and FC3) with psa 7.5.2, and I gratefully apreciate ART repos.

Although at home I only use debian flavoured OSs, for production servers I've always trusted RH (and now also scott :wink:)

As a good catalan, we are a bit tight-fisted :roll:, I will donate (almost) all my knowledge to the community.

Scott, do you need anything from us?

I suggest removing '>/dev/null' from qmail-scanner-reconfigure, because in case you don't have LANG=C it needs user input.
scott

Unread post by scott »

I always appreciate patches or other rpm updates, I havent gotten any of those in months :P

Other than that, donations, subscribe to the grsec channel, or buy the book :P