can someone advise please?

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
mo

can someone advise please?

Unread post by mo »

I tried to run the updater within plesk and got this error and it failed:

Preparing for packages installation...
----- begin of output -----
Installing perl-CGI-2.81-88.7.i386.rpm
warning: /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/RHel3_std.updates/perl-CGI-2.81-88.7.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID db42a60e
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Apache.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Carp.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Cookie.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Fast.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Pretty.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Push.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Switch.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Util.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art

----- end of output -----
===> Autoinstaller: stopped logging at Fri Feb 11 14:24:22 2005

After I posted this on the plesk forum I found another post with the same problem.

Someone else is having the same problems as me and this error on the plesk forums and this is the reply:
>>>
You've installed ART's perl packages and it has broken dependencies. You can probably fix them by --force'ing the default perl RPM's for your distro, then running the installer again. Apache::ASP will not work with ART's RPM's, but otherwise they seem fine.
>>>

I really didn't know that I had installed Art's perl packages so I would like to uninstall them and then use the updater within plesk.

Can I run this?
yum remove perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art

and then run the updater within plesk without having any problems?

I'm on CentOS 3.4 with plesk 7.5.1

Thanks for your help!
mfichtner
Forum User
Forum User

Re: can someone advise please?

Unread post by mfichtner »

mo wrote:You've installed ART's perl packages and it has broken dependencies. You can probably fix them by --force'ing the default perl RPM's for your distro, then running the installer again. Apache::ASP will not work with ART's RPM's, but otherwise they seem fine.
I wasn't aware that the ART packages would cause something like this. Is this true, scott?
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

normally they dont, but 3ES likes to be different. They change things around in it sometimes that do this kind of thing.
mo

Unread post by mo »

Can I run this?
yum remove perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art

and then run the updater within plesk without having any problems?
scott

Unread post by scott »

Probably not
jorgece

Same issue

Unread post by jorgece »

I have exactly in the same problem.
Just wondering if we yum remove perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art and then we run up2date looking for missing perl rpms, would this be likely to work ?

Regards
jorgece

installing from command line

Unread post by jorgece »

hi,

I downloaded psa-7.5.2-rhel3.build75050130.17.i586.rpm.tar.gz
un tared it and am installing optional modules manually, like firewall and VPN with out problem with the Perl issue.
Notice that my basic Plesk 7.5.2 was already up to date.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
mo

Unread post by mo »

Thanks!

Please let me know if there is a way to uninstall the perl and use the updater within plesk without breaking anything....there must be a way to do this.
JLChafardet
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by JLChafardet »

mo, i did it some days ago, yum remove perl

it tryed to remove more than 200 packages, which drove me crazy as i noticed when it already uninstalled 63 packages, i do not recomend that as you can screw up the box.

try getting the perl rpm's and its dependencies, and do a force install.

rpm -Uhv --force all_rpm_of_perl_and_deps

After recovering all what yum uninstalled i did it that way and now it works, it still has some issues, as i cant up2date some perl-something packages, but it worked for me the forcing stuff.

just keep in mind that the solution worked for me, which doesnt means that it will work for you as well.

i am only telling what i did and that it solved my issue.

regards.

JLChafardet