Plesk 7.5.3 upgrade issues on FC3

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
mdovey

Plesk 7.5.3 upgrade issues on FC3

Unread post by mdovey »

This morning yum check-update spotted that 7.5.3 was now on ART so I gave it a go - it wasn't entirely as straightforward as I'd hoped. This is really intended as some gotchas for others:

My initial attempt to do an update generated some dependency errors.

libcurl.so.2 was required by psa and psa-pre-keyupdate
spamassassin was required by qmail-scanner.

A little googling find that FC3 (which is what I'm installing on) has libcurl.so.3 but a compatible so.2 was available by

rpm -Uvh http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/sys ... 2.i386.rpm

which left the odd spamassassin required by qmail-scanner error - odd since both were installed.

I removed qmail-scanner (with a view of reinstating it after the update).

At this point the update ran happily.

but -

at the end the update uninstalled my spamassassin installation ( one which I'd installed myself rather than install the psa-spamassassin package)

then the update searched out any other jdk's apart from the one it installed itself and removed those (breaking a some jdk1.5 applications I had installed).

I'm not too impressed by Plesk removing things from my system like that!! Luckily putting these back is not too difficult.

Finally I was caught out for a little while since I hadn't realised that horde et al have to be reinstalled manually after the update.

Matthew
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

I'm working through some of these things as well, I reckon I'll have to modify the FC3 channel to work around a couple of the big issues with PSA on that platform (curl, mailman, spamassassin, etc). I've had creating an "atomic-psa" package on my list since I first set up the archive, sort of a way to package around all the problems you get like this with integration . Basically the idea is I create an rpm that contains all the logic and dependencies that would install, and configure a complete PSA box with all my add-ons from one package (yum install atomic-psa). I've gotten a lot of experience with this lately through ASL and Project Gamera. No ETA on how soon I'll put that together, like I said its been on my list for a few years now, but having already done it with PG and ASL, at least I dont have to start from zero any more.