ART, Plesk Expand and Mysql v4.x

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
gorgon
New Forum User
New Forum User

ART, Plesk Expand and Mysql v4.x

Unread post by gorgon »

Hi folks,

I've been digging around the forums here and on sw-soft but have not found a direct answer.

Here is what I have:

1 x RHE3 plesk v7.5.4 not using ART.
1 x RHE4 plesk v7.5.4 using ART. New server.
1 x Modernbill server.

I would like to upgrade the RHE3 server to use the ART software shortly.

I need to get the new RHE4 server integrated into Modernbill. My boss went out and purchased Expand and it looks like that'd be the easiest way to accomplish the integration.

I plan on upgrading the RHE3 server to use the ART software in the near future. But the Expand release notes say the Expand does not work with mysql v4.x. I wanted to install Expand on the RHE3 server to control both of them.

So my main question has to do with Expand and mysql 4.x. Does it really not work or just not supported? If it doesn't work then I guess I will have to not upgrade mysql on the RHE3 server; at least for now. Will the rest of the ART software work okay w/ mysql v3? Anyone have any thoughts on using the ART software and Expand?

Thanks,
mikeS
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

I cant imagine that it isnt compatible with mysql 4, since RHEL4 comes with 4 by default. PSA 7.5.4 is confirmed to be compatible on RHEl3 with Mysql 4.1, and previous versions have been fine with 4.0.