Before Buying Question

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
zalouma
New Forum User
New Forum User

Before Buying Question

Unread post by zalouma »

Hi,

I am very interested to buy this service to add it on my cpanel, We are running WHMCS on a separate vps than the one we have our clients on it as a recommendation by whmcs, We also have csf and mod security that we are looking to replace for something stronger since we were hijacked few months ago by a hacker who uploaded a shell on our website by localhost injection and stole some accounts

I have 2 question prior ordering, My 1st question here, I see you have two products one is the firewall itself and another is just the mod_security rules... Do we need to buy both to prevent something like this in the future or just the firewall itself will protect us against sql injections and any uploaded php/shell will be auto detected and deleted???

2nd question, Do you provider installation service?? Like csf would install it and harden your server for you for a fee, do you provide this as well?

Thanks and i am looking forward to hear from you soon so i would be able to buy what really you think i would need... cant wait :)
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Before Buying Question

Unread post by scott »

You would just need an ASL license, a separate rules-only license wouldnt be required.

And yes, in reference to WHMCS, ASL already had proactive security controls to defend vulnerable WHMCS installations. We normally post in the alerts forum when this comes up: https://atomicorp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7154

You can always ask us to look into a vulnerability for you as well, a great deal of what we do here is vulnerability and malware research.

Lastly, yes, we perform installations. You can contact support@atomicorp.com for details and scheduling.