Problems to create new Domain

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
katobuggy
Forum User
Forum User

Problems to create new Domain

Unread post by katobuggy »

Hi to all,

Now, after 3 fresh installs of fc3 i tought i'am ready to go, but got the following error when i try to setup a new domain :cry:

ERROR

Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: vhostmng: setup_chroot(): No chrooted shell for ftp-web1 found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/hosting/phosting_setup.php:288 psaerror(string "Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: vhostmng: setup_chroot(): No chrooted shell for ftp-web1 found")

Any idea???

P.S. I installed Plesk with atomic-psa!

greetings from Germany
katobuggy
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

Hmm, what web hosting settings are you putting on that account?

Btw, when you installed atomic-psa on FC3, was it as easy as "yum install atomic-psa"?
katobuggy
Forum User
Forum User

Hi Scott,

tnx for your fast answer and the time you spend making a better plesk.
scott wrote:Hmm, what web hosting settings are you putting on that account?

Btw, when you installed atomic-psa on FC3, was it as easy as "yum install atomic-psa"?
1. I set hosting type to physical hosting (without template, IP is shared!).
Next step, i set the FTP Login and select PHP, CGI, mod-perl and webstatistics. After klick OK i got that error message.

2. It wasn't realy easy to set up Plesk to FC3 with atomic-psa. Maybe a little step-by-step discription and what to set in yum.conf etc would be helpfull for newbees like me :) Also, i'am running in to that curl-problem. After the 3rd fresh install, i'am not update FC3 before installing atomic-psa.

I have a DVD wiht FC3 and a fresh install is easy if you would like to teach me a perfect way to get it work. :idea:

btw.

First i installed the original Plesk 7.5.3 from sw-soft on a SuSE 9.1 box. This runs easy and works well, but old php and mysql :(
I tried that FC3 because i would setup a more secure Webserver with latest php4 and mysql4 and all controlled with plesk. i have a 3ware raidcontroller installed that FC3 has drivers for.

Maybe RH9 is the real choice?

greetings from Germany
katobuggy
katobuggy
Forum User
Forum User

Hi Scott,

tnx for your fast answer and the time you spend making a better plesk.
scott wrote:Hmm, what web hosting settings are you putting on that account?

1. I set hosting type to physical hosting (without template, IP is shared!).
Next step, i set the FTP Login and select PHP, CGI, mod-perl and webstatistics. After klick OK i got that error message.

2. It wasn't realy easy to set up Plesk to FC3 with atomic-psa. Maybe a little step-by-step discription and what to set in yum.conf etc would be helpfull for newbees like me :) Also, i'am running in to that curl-problem. After the 3rd fresh install, i'am not update FC3 before installing atomic-psa.

I have a DVD wiht FC3 and a fresh install is easy if you would like to teach me a perfect way to get it work. :idea:

btw.

First i installed the original Plesk 7.5.3 from sw-soft on a SuSE 9.1 box. This runs easy and works well, but old php and mysql :(
I tried that FC3 because i would setup a more secure Webserver with latest php4 and mysql4 and all controlled with plesk. i have a 3ware raidcontroller installed that FC3 has drivers for.

Maybe RH9 is the real choice?

greetings from Germany
katobuggy
scott

Unread post by scott »

What I'm working toward on atomic-psa is that you just run the one command to install it "yum install atomic-psa" and that would take care of the rest, including the wierd things you need to do to get it to install on FC3.

I didnt think I'd actually added those in yet though, but I haven't looked at the .spec file lately.

That error message makes me think that you were trying to add a chrooted shell to that account, would you say that is true?
katobuggy
Forum User
Forum User

scott wrote:What I'm working toward on atomic-psa is that you just run the one command to install it "yum install atomic-psa" and that would take care of the rest, including the wierd things you need to do to get it to install on FC3.

I didnt think I'd actually added those in yet though, but I haven't looked at the .spec file lately.

That error message makes me think that you were trying to add a chrooted shell to that account, would you say that is true?
No, i just create a new Webhost and only switched php, cgi etc (watch pre message) on. thats it. if i klick OK i get this damn error :roll:

This steps a walk to set the new hosting:

1. select domain (web1.vanity1.net)
2. select "Setup" from (Hosting) menu
3. select "physical Hosting"
4. make entry for FTP Login and select php, cgi etc. (NO SHELL)
5. klick OK

thats all

tnx, katobuggy DE
katobuggy
Forum User
Forum User

Hi Scott,

solve the Problem to create new Webhosting. :lol:

Copy the bash and sh from /bin to /home/httpd/vhosts/chroot/bin/

Found the solution here:
http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php ... etupchroot