Strange Email Issue

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
laughingbuddha
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Strange Email Issue

Unread post by laughingbuddha »

Hi all,

I've been running my server for nay on 4 years now, and using Plesk since 2005 and for some crazy ass reason 1 email address is having issues receving mail on my server.

This one email address is among 4 on the same domain (voicefmradio.co.uk) and among 30+ domains hosted on my server.

Here's the kicker, I've don't nothing different in the domain setup than any other domain on the server, DNS is fine, DNS report comes back clean, and it is the ONLY email address hosted on my server having issues.

Why? Any ideas? I'm completely stumped. All I know is you can't send a file via WeTransfer to this particular address as it keeps failing, and he has experienced other strange receiving issues too, BUT not all the time.
Matt

"Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite... would you like a toasted teacake?"

about.me/mattauckland
twitter.com/mattauckland
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: Strange Email Issue

Unread post by breun »

Does the sender get any error message or do messages to that one particular address just go missing? Have you checked the maillog for activity when sending an e-mail to this address? Maybe the mailbox is full sometimes and then bounces?
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
laughingbuddha
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Strange Email Issue

Unread post by laughingbuddha »

Good point, I'll investigate the mail logs. Odd thing is, I sent him a test file from WeTransfer and it failed to send twice, BUT I sent him and email from my GMail account and it arrived ok.

Go figure :wink:
Matt

"Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite... would you like a toasted teacake?"

about.me/mattauckland
twitter.com/mattauckland