iframe triggering 340148

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
aniagr
New Forum User
New Forum User

iframe triggering 340148

Unread post by aniagr »

Hi,

I have an ultrawebsitehosting.com account and apparently they use atomicorps. Recently I installed a wordpress theme that uses an iframe customizer and it has been blocking me at the firewall every time I try to customize something.

The hosting support people told me this:

"The security rule that was triggered was:
[Mon Sep 17 23:21:09 2012] [error] [client 24.22.185.91] Access denied with code 403 (phase 2). Pattern match "(< ((img iframe) src a href) (ogg|gopher|(ht|f)tps):/alert (< ((java|vb)script|applet|activex|chrome) >|" > |< /iframe|%env)" at ARGS:customized.
[id "340148"]
[msg "Atomicorp.com WAF Rules: Cross Site Scripting Attack"]
[severity "CRITICAL"] [hostname "agenciaempleadasdomesticas.com"] "

I contacted the people that sold me the Netix WP theme at WebfactoryLtd but they said
" Theme customizer is a built-in WP feature used on tens of thousand of servers and I've never heard it triggering a firewall rule. Yes, it uses iframes but it's a plain iframe, nothing special."

You can see how the customizer works here:
http://netix-wp.webfactoryltd.com/

I imagine asking for a rule exception is not so safe, so I was wondering if someone here could help me out?

Thank you!
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: iframe triggering 340148

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Sorry to hear about this. We can resolve this for you, but we need a little more information. We need to see the audit record, please see the URL below for instructions about how report a false positive:

https://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.ph ... _Positives

If you do not have access to your systems audit records, can you ask your hosting company to submit this to us as a false positive for you?