PHP 4.3.10 and "noReplaceConfig"

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
mfichtner
Forum User
Forum User

PHP 4.3.10 and "noReplaceConfig"

Unread post by mfichtner »

I just added the "atomic-psa" and "atomic-psa-7.5" channels to the up2date config of my 3ES server (running Plesk 7.5). Checking for available updates with "up2date --list" I noticed that there seems to be a problem with PHP 4.3.10: up2date tells me that the PHP package was marked to be skipped. Reason: "Config modified".

I assume this means that I need to disable the "noReplaceConfig" option in up2date in order to be able to upgrade to PHP 4.3.10? I'm a bit reluctant to do that. Can anyone tell me what configuration data will be changed during the installation of PHP 4.3.10?

Thanks in advance!
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

When a new config file is included in an rpm, I tend to find that the new one gets written as xxx.rpmnew, leaving the old one intact. This was the case in my case at least when I was still using up2date. I don't remember how I configured things to acheive this. It seems to be the default behaviour with Yum though, which is good.

Either way, the best way to avoid problems would be to make a backup of /etc/php.ini before updating the RPM. Then, if it does get overwritten, or even if it does not, remember to update your Zend Optimizer to 2.5.7 and also your ioncube loader to 2.5 (if necessary).

Faris.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

thats the default behavior in an rpm when you designate a config file, it wont overwrite one, unless you explicitly say so. Even then it will rename the original to <filename>.rpmorig