complicated .htaccess possible?

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

complicated .htaccess possible?

Unread post by faris »

I'm trying to prevent access to a phpbb forum unless the visitor has logged in to a Wordpress site running on the same domain.

When I say prevent access, I mean any access at all - I don't want a visitor to be able to see the forum at all - this is just for security - I don't trust phpbb so I don't want random visitors or script kiddies or bots to have any access to the forum whatsoever.

I have already installed a plugin to WP and a mod to phpbb that links users across the two, so that once a user is logged into wordpress, they are then logged into the forum.

I have also installed a wp Plugin that prevents access to certain pages in WP unless the user is logged in to WP.

Unfortunately, the way things work at the moment means that if you know the url to the forum, you can get to it and view the forum home page.

I was wondering if there might be a way to use an .htaccess file to prevent direct access and only allow access via a wordpress somehow. Unfortunately I have no ideas.

Any suggestions?
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>